Re: Region Classes

To: John Mahoney <jmahoney@cyberstation.net>
Subject: Re: Region Classes
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:28:03 -0600
John Mahoney wrote:

> I really enjoy watching the older cars compete myself...<snip> ..I know I
>want no more classes
> myself but autocross events are the safest auto competition sport there is
> and maybe just maybe some of the real classics would come out of hiding to
> compete.  Better than just rusting away in some rich investors garage.  Yes
> this may not be the exact story of this thread but it is my two cents of a
> positive idea, I hope I didn't bore anyone.
> John

Good news John, you can do this!  If not already involved in your local
region activities, get involved and suggest it for your region.  Offer
to head up the program, and maybe run an event.  Many regions have their
own specialty classes, and they are hugely sucessful.  Get those old
timers out there, you do not need the blessing of anyone but you folks
who make it happen in your area.  I think it's a great idea!

PLW