Re: Lets Try this Again, Stock reclassification

To: David Teague <david.teague@wcom.com>
Subject: Re: Lets Try this Again, Stock reclassification
From: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:30:35 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, David Teague wrote:

> I have heard that the Civic EX's where reclassed to HS, if this is true why
> were the Honda Del Sol Si's with the same SOHC VTEC engine that the EX's
> have in it moved also, if not all of the Del Sol Si's at least the 93-95's
> that do not have the rear sway bar. If it was just an oversight due to the
> fact that there are not alot of people who autocross Del Sol's then what do
> I need to do to bring it to the SEB's attention.

Write a letter to the Solo Events Board (at the SCCA HQ address) detailing
your concern and why you think the Del Sol Si (or anything else) belongs
in HS.  They'll forward it to the Stock Classification Advisory Committee
for review and recommendations.

> Also I am not doing this
> cause I think that it is hugh issue but, it would seem to make sense to move
> the Del Sol Si's and the Civic EX's  togther espically the 93 - 95 models
> when the cars were very simular except for the body.

That's a good point to bring up.  If the cars are really mechanically
similar (I've never peeked into a del Sol), weigh about the same, and you
can show that they have about equal performance, I'd think you'll generate
some discussion.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si (and looking real hard at the wife's Civic EX lately....)
Speed Demon Racing
http"//www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr