Re: SM 323GTX?

To: sjohnson@kcnet.com
Subject: Re: SM 323GTX?
From: Josh Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:08:52 -0700
sjohnson@kcnet.com wrote:

> A CRX as a killer SM car? No way! You're gonna want 4wd to put
> some power down with DOT tires-you want a Mazda 323 GTX! Dirt
> cheap, the motor goes to 250-300hp, and you can haul your race
> tires in the hatchback! It's only 700lbs lighter than a Talon!

        Yeah, but it still weighs almost 1000lbs more than an early CRX. Talons
are around 3100-3200 lbs. The top CRXen from CSP are weighing in at
1600lbs even, and they're legal. That's -LIGHT-. And that wins autoxes.

> An I crazy here?

        We all are... :-)

        Still, if I were to do a 323GTX in a full-tilt way with no expense
spared. I'd be ditching those pistons in favor of a twin turbo 13b
motor. It's still a mazda motor, and is lighter, with way more potential
power under the SM/STU rules than the little 4-banger mill it comes
with. Now -that's- crazy... :-)

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/