Re: SM 323GTX?

To: "Brian C. Goodwin" <briang@adnc.com>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SM 323GTX?
From: Josh Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:34:53 -0700
"Brian C. Goodwin" wrote:

> > Still, if I were to do a 323GTX in a full-tilt way with no expense
> > spared. I'd be ditching those pistons in favor of a twin turbo 13b
> > motor. It's still a mazda motor, and is lighter, with way more potential
> > power under the SM/STU rules than the little 4-banger mill it comes
> > with. Now -that's- crazy... :-)
>
> I thought you could do just about anything you wanted to the engine in SM.
> What limitations are there?

==

STU.10 ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN

A. Subject to the following limitations, all engine and drivetrain
modifications (including supercharging turbocharging) are unrestricted.
(This includes camshafts, head porting, transmissions, final drives, etc.):

1.Nitrous Oxide injection systems are not allowed. Nitrous oxide
injection equipment is allowed on the vehicle, but the bottle must be
out of the car during competition. It is recommended that vehicles
equipped with nitrous oxide leave the bottles at home, rather than
removing them at the event site.

Proposal Team's Note: Lots of these cars have NOS systems, but they are
problematic in a Solo2 environment. Presence of NOS equipment should not
disallow a car participating though, if the system is disarmed.

2.Engine swaps are allowed, where the engine block of the replacement
motor is of the same make of an engine block offered by the factory in
this product line.

3.All displacement limits are applied after any boring, stroking, etc.
At no time may any engine exceed its displacement as detailed in STU.0.

==

You can read the full text of DG's proposal at:

http://www.wincom.net/trog/stu/rules.html

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/