Re: NBC Last night. . .

To: Mark Belcik <solo390@juno.com>
Subject: Re: NBC Last night. . .
From: Debbie Stohn <dstohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:41:25 -0500
Mark,

Not to be smart but, did you listen to the commentary?  It was ridiculous!  They
pounded the driver as a novice; and I'll grant he may have been.  However, not
all novices panic the way he did..... he braked while turning on a wet surface
and kept fighting the wheel.  I'd like to see the footage again, because I'd bet
money he wasn't intermittent braking.  The course-worker's reaction was
disbelief
and virtually non-existant.  The way the course was set, they couldn't get up
any
speed so they weren't going that fast.

The final comment by the narrator was 'Better leave the Ferrari's to the
professional drivers.'   What a great image of the sport that left the average,
unknowing public with.

Debbie Stohn
'93 Nissan 240SX SE, # 2
NER Solo II