Need advice re tire size

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need advice re tire size
From: "Craig Daugherty" <cmdaugherty@tyler.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:07:51 -0800
I am about to order some Kumhos for next season. My car, a Nissan 300ZX, has
16 x 7.5" wheels all around. Kumho's website says the 225/50 tire is ideally
to be mounted on a 7" rim and the 245/45 tire on an 8" rim. Naturally, I
would prefer to mount the 245, but I seem to have read somewhere that the
Kumhos don't like to be crowded onto a smaller wheel size because of the
sidewall construction. Does anyone have any advice about whether I could use
the larger size tire without sacrificing performance?
Thanx.

Craig Daugherty
Tyler, TX