mr2's in D prepared

To: mr2-digest@mr2.com
Subject: mr2's in D prepared
From: dagosti@sfu.ca
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 17:33:26 MST
A question....

According to one of the newer SCCA tech bulletins the 1st gen. MR2 (85-89 -
although the bulletin lists it as 84-89) moves to DP, BUT, the listing says
specifically "84-89 MR2 (E Production Specifications)"

This has me puzzled. Does this mean that if I prepare an MR2 to the solo
prepared rules I run in AP (where it's currently listed). But if I prepare it
to the E production road racing specs. I run in a different prepared class - DP.

This is how I read it, but this concept doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone
enlighted me?

Thanks
David