Re: G-Tech meter

To: Brad W <fixeruper@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: G-Tech meter
From: Gerald Chen <gerald@infoserve.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 19:53:43 -0800 (PST)
> I just got my new g-tech  meter and in my 99 miata sport
> it read  91.0  than 91.2 in the quarter mile. is this about
> right for a 99 miata with a k/n filter  it seemed a bit high?
> also i got .98 g,s turning
> any comments??

Supposedly, the G-Techs are pretty accurate - the 91 mph you get from the
G-tech is the speed at the end of the quarter mile.  I think that
most drag strips clock the 1/4 speed as an average speed over last X feet
of distance (I'm not sure of the actual length).  Therefore, 91 sounds
possible, but it's probably a few mph higher than you'd get at a real drag
strip.  .98 g's sounds about right for a Miata shod with R-compound tires
- C&D got about 1.0 g out of theirs (also on R-compound tires)

Gerald