was:More Street Modified News!, Capri

To: pethier@isd.net, lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com, NeonACR1@aol.com
Subject: was:More Street Modified News!, Capri
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 05:58:26 GMT
As a X capri owner, The car was doomed from the start,
1/2 Mazda 323, 1/2 ford of aus., all junk... The salesman's words still
haunt my nightmares, "you don't want to buy the miata, This capri has the
same motor and is Much Nicer"  HA.

I think the guys at Mazda had a little to do with the poor quality, My capri
dropped 2 valves before 40,000 miles, I've never heard that from any Mazda
product... Maby to stop any competition for the Miata that might arise....
and slow, Gawd, nothing worked right on that car.
The gearing was totally wrong, and torque steer like a V8 Caddilac.

JFK, Roswell, and the capri...
do I detect a trend....

But Hey the BMW dealer gave me WAY too much on a trade in on my Z3, so all
ended well.

But on further reflection, It did have 4 seats, and 4 seatbelts.  hummmmmmm
  with a full roll cage for stiffness. maby, just maby, a Street touring
Sleeper.. It was pretty Light.  but what drivetrain could you swap in? A
Mazda? Or a ford? Please say Mazda.. I would like to pop a Capri Body on a
Miata drivetrain, and suspention. and run Street touring, or a 5.0 V8 in
that body, LOL (see giving all my secrets away) :-)

Jeff Lloyd