Re: air dam, legal?

To: Jeff Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: air dam, legal?
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:30:03 -0600
I'm NOT a rule book lawyer, Jeff, but I HAVE been playing at this
sport for 15 years.

I would say that your safest bet is to go with your (A) choice of an
aftermarket (non factory) replacement part - as long as it's the same
type of part that a body shop would use.  Remember - if the rule book
doesn't specifically say that you CAN do something, you CAN'T!

Another option would be to get on the BMW list and try to find
somebody with a similar car who's replaced his/her factory air dam
with some whiz-bang aftermarket piece and still has the old one lying
around!!!

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman