air dam, legal?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: air dam, legal?
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:18:34 GMT
I need a rule book lawyer for this one,

Due to a unfortunate mishap with a deer,
I am replacing the front air dam on My B-stock Z3 1.9

The factory Replacement unit is available but a tad bit pricy, I have
scoured the junkyards to no avail..

I have found 3 options but I don't want to risk a possible rule
infringement...

1. aftermarket (non factory) replacement part.
2. a unit from a later model (slightly different style)
3. a stylized model from a aftermarket tuning house
4. a junkyard unit from a 6 cyl model?

which one of these are STOCK legal? or do I just have to dish out the cash
to get the factory replacement piece,

Thanks
Jeff Lloyd
the "other" B-stocker