RX7TT - - automatic??

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RX7TT - - automatic??
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:52:55 -0600
I have the opportunity to get a 1993 RX-7 Touring model for about $5K less
than what the book shows it to be worth. The car has had a recent new
engine, and seems to be in good to excellent condition.

My question to the list - - has ANYBODY ever autocrossed with the auto in
the 3rd Gen RX-7's??

I am wondering how much difference there would be between the 5spd and auto
on course? There was a minor (.1 second) advantage at the strip - - assuming
the 2 drivers were somewhat equally skilled.

Any feedback would be appreciated.