Re: Boxster wheel sizes

To: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Boxster wheel sizes
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:53:43 -0800 (PST)
--- Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I know there is a 18x10 available for the 911 as part
> of a chassis kit through the "Porsche Exclusive"
> program (yep, factory installed AFAIK).  I wonder if
> that is the source of the confusion.

Probably.

> FWIW Porsche's web shows the "Turbo Look" 18"
> available for both the standard Boxster and S, so if
> it were 10" A Stockers would have cause to celebrate.

I had access to a 2000 Boxster for 2 weeks in Europe with the 18" Turbo look
wheels.  The owner's manual (for the 2.7l and the S) made no mention of 10"
wheels anywhere, and listed all available wheel packages (16,17, and 18") with
offsets.  In a couple more weeks I'll have access to that car again and I'll
measure their width, since I didn't see and width dimension stamped on them.

And since a 275 Hoosier fits on the 9", I'm not sure what the 10" will get you
since I think they will be a bit small for the next size up 335's (autox
compound).

-Andy