Street Touring stuff

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Street Touring stuff
From: GRMdavid@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:07:36 EST
>I'm sure that Grassroots Motorsports Magazine will have an article on

the new GT-S soon.

Yeah, that was JG out "testing" the new Celeica GT-S. The two big problems
encountered were as you explained: under hard acceleration, the gear shift
linkage would get all balled up; and if a rear wheel came up off the ground
during trail braking, the ABS would go into a "glide mode" (thinks the car is
on ice) and totally release the brakes. We need to talk to some people at
Toyota for more info on this, as right now I'm not sure if our car was
pre-production or anything. Press cars do tend to leave hard lives, too.
(Funny thing is that we're probably relatively easy on the cars.)

ABS is an option, but I'm not sure how the cars are coming to the dealers.
Look for more on the car in the magazine soon. Otherwise, the car was awesome
around town. Like a more civilized Type R, I guess.

David S. Wallens, managing ed
Grassroots Motorsports
www.grassrootsmotorsports.com