Re: Helmet Painting

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Helmet Painting
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 22:25:17 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/00 6:31:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Smokerbros@aol.com writes:

<< San Francisco Region has recently lost about 10-12 helmets due to theft
from
 those who were supposed to "borrow" them.  We need to replace them, and make
 both the new ones and those remaining in loaner service somewhat less
 desirable.

 Does anyone know what the limitations are as to painting currently Solo 2
 legal helmets?  I seem to remember that there were problems with helmet
shell
 integrity, but that it only applied to DOT helmets, not Snell rated ones.

 Charlie Davis
 SFR Solo 2 Chief >>

The people who borrow them for the event steal them?????  That sucks!!!!!!!
Maybe you guys should get a drivers license number when they get the helmet.
If the helmets were numbered and you recorded a drivers license number of
the person borrowing it and the number of the helmet borrowed. Then????????

Mike(Thats a pretty sad deal)B. TLS#1 99cm