DSMs legality (was The Ultimate I-Class)

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>, Paul Zahornasky <p.zahornasky@att.net>
Subject: DSMs legality (was The Ultimate I-Class)
From: "Mr. DSM" <MrDSM@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:18:43 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 23 Sep 2000 11:24:35 -0400, Paul Foster wrote:

>  Paul Zahornasky wrote:
>  >
>  > Ummm,
>  >
>  > Mr. DSM himself, Fedja (I don't really need the last name in this
crowd)
>  > Jeleskovic, trophied in ESP last year.  7th place I believe.
>  >
>  > DSM's can be competitive in ESP.  Fedja had a few power problems this
year,
>  > but next year could be a different story.
>
>  I didn't think the DSM could legally get enough boost to compete with
>  the American V8. How much HP does he make? Or perhaps it was raining?!?
>
>  Paul Foster

I was wandering whether you do this just for fun or because it is you and
you just can't help it. If it is the first one, I could understand it,
barely. The second one is beyond the help.

But, I will entertain you here one more time. First, thanks for putting all
the top DSMs into the illegal bunch. Saying that only way to run with
American V8s is to have illegal boost is pretty stupid. What do you know
about legality or illegality of the DSMs? What is the "illegal boost" for
the ESP DSM?

I can tell you this. If you take either one of the top 2G DSMs and install
the best super-duper boost controller that exist, you will make somewhere up
to 275 HP with those cars around 6k RPMs. No matter what kind of boost you
try to run, that is going to be the top. The stock turbo is just too small
for any more power, and there is no legal way to make more power than that.
If you would port that little thing, install bigger wheels in there, than
you will get something else with much more power (talk to DG about that kind
of turbo).

And by saying that we can not run with V8s with that much of the power is
another BS. M3s didn't make more than that and they where way to fast for
those big boys with big engines. DSMs are not M3s, unfortunately, but if I
could make Mark Dadio to drive my car, top V8s would be wondering about
those. Also, offer for Bob Tunnell to drive my DSM, still stands :)

So, cut your crap regarding the DSMs and let them alone. If you think that
DSMs are not competitive in ESP, than write a letter to the SEB and let them
know that decision to disallow turbo backdates was a wrong idea. Or, just
shut up and find some other cars/drivers to harass.

Fedja
95 AWD
#34 ESP
"Let boost be with you!