Re: DSMs legality (was The Ultimate I-Class)

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: DSMs legality (was The Ultimate I-Class)
From: "Mr. DSM" <MrDSM@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:01:44 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:46:40 -0400, Paul Foster wrote:

>  Please reread the sentence again and tell me how I am stating that all
>  the DSMs, particularly yours, are illegal? I am only stating that it is
>  very easy to cheat with turbo cars. I have one and I run into that
>  problem at every PCA club race. And that is why turbo cars are banned
>  from SCCA club racing. If that is news to you, you are either very
>  disengenuous or very naive.

I am also very well aware of the different ways to cheat with turbo cars. To
good (or maybe bad for some) thing for DSMs is that turbo limits maximum
output way too well and unless you do some changes with turbo it self, there
is no way to make 300+ RWD HP beast (not even close). So, by saying that
only way for DSMs to run with V8s is if they have something illegal is just
crap. And tomorrow, if some of the DSMs finish in the first spot in ESP,
than attitude like yours (with the comments you make here) will just make it
to be because it was illegally modified. I have no problem for having my car
taken apart and checked (and I can say the same for the other top DSM cars,
since I know the owners), but the whole perception of having every fast
turbo car illegal unless proven otherwise, just makes no good for any turbo
owner.

>  Cut your ridiculous attitude. It is my opinion that the DSM is not
>  competitive in ESP unless it is raining. If you think that is harassment
>  you are one sick puppy.

I have to agree with you about raining and DSMs (or probably any AWD car).
About attitude, you check what I wrote above, and the way you write about
turbo cars. Since you drive turbo car, that should affect you as well, and I
would suggest that you think about the whole thing and try to make a better
solution for all of us instead of just labeling them illegal if fast.

Fedja
95 AWD
#34 ESP
"Let boost be with you!