Re: Contour 6 cylinder classing

To: brandon.fetch@ey.com, dkyeung@juno.com
Subject: Re: Contour 6 cylinder classing
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:31:19 EST
In a message dated 11/1/2000 12:28:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
brandon.fetch@ey.com writes:

<<  This response is somewhat in jest, but still....  Whoever menitoned a few
 days back about the Civic SI where it was originally classed in the late
 80's was right.  Sometimes the board DOESN'T think straight.  >>

Having served on the SCAC and also driven Civic Si's, I can tell you that the
'86-7 Civic Si WAS competitive in D/S, thru about '94.  It cannot compete
with Neon ACR's in D/S.  As of 2000, this was a competitive E/S car.  The
'89-91 version was always slower, and is in the right place in H/Stock.
Personally, I disagree with the '85-7 CRX Si, and '86-7 Civic Si going to H
with the current proposal.  IF I wasn't running in C/Prepared, I'd probably
go get a Civic Si to run in H/S.  But I don't think it's a slam dunk
winner...

Charlie Davis
SCC/SCAC '86-97