Pylon for October 2000

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pylon for October 2000
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 15:16:55 -0500
Whew, it's done.
        Into the mail today, Nov. 1, 2000 is the October 2000 issue of
North Americvan Pylon which covers, mostly, the SCCA 2000 Solo II Nationals
at Forbes Field, Topeka, Kansas.
We have the complete results and protest rulings.
        Amazingly, 7 rookies attended their first National and went home
with National Championships.
        Plus, we cover the SCCA Pro Solo finale at Forbes Field, including
complete results of the final event.
        It fills 44 tabloid pages.
        Also covered are
        -a Michigan SCC event under Detroit Council.
        -Fresno Chapter at Millerton Lake
        -Virginia Motor Sports Park.
        -Las Vegas' Rouncd 16.
Plus, columns by
        Lorenzo the Scribe, Pittsburgh, PA.
        Pat Kelly, Pleasanton, CA.
        Warren Leveque, Anderson, IN.
        George Ryan, Dallas, TX.
        Editor John Kelly, Pleasanton, CA.
        J.D. Kemp, Tallahassee, FL.
        Karl Rickert, Team.Net's driver to National, Tallahassee, FL.
        Ben Thatcher, Atlanta, GA.
        Pam Kannan, the D Prepared-Ladies National Champion from
Orangevale, CA, who had the $500 prize for being Rookie of the Year taken
away from her.
        And there's a road test on Chrysler's PT Cruiser. Not exactly an
autocross car but it is interesting.
        PS: We dropped the calendar for this end of season issue. Club
leaders are requested to send in their 2001 schedules as soon as possible.

In addition, there's an interesting letter to the editor from Dave Beck of
Springfield, IL, the man who compiles the PAX index. What bothers Beck is
that he was shortchanged the Friday night dinner by an SCCA National
official who shall remain nameless at this point. In case you forgot, the
$90 entry fee --an increase of $10 over 1999--was supposed to include BOTH
the Wednesday and Friday night dinners. What we don't cover is the Thursday
night talent show which BFG no longer sponsors and there went another free
feed.

To obtain your own copy, subscribe by calling 1-800-KT-KELLY during west
coast business hours, 9-5, and charge the $24 for 12 issues to your Visa or
MasterCard. We'll start you with the October Nationals issue.
        Or, check out our web site at <www.napylon.com> and request our
"Three for Free" deal. We'll start you with the November 2000 issue.