Re: F mod..... I can't believe I am even asking

To: "HEYWARD WAGNER" <h_kenyon@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: F mod..... I can't believe I am even asking
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 22:06:29 -0500
At 09:33 PM 11/6/00 -0500, HEYWARD WAGNER wrote:

About FMod:

I don't know about the specific car related questions! However, since you
are in NC, the LAST thing I need is a fast driver in an FMod who would
probably be bumped into CM and have a really good chance of beating me on
at least some courses:-)

>2) How damaging to my driving would it be to drive both cars in one season?

It might help . . . since HS will seem EXTREMELY SLOW after a mod car which
will make "staying ahead" of the HStocker a whole lot easier. However, it
probably will really spoil you. Why would you want to drive in the slowest
class in Autocrossing when you can drive in what is approximately the 4th
fastest . . . and you can tow the FMod with the HStocker.

>5) Am I crazy?

Forgetting all the really good reasons for favoring any particular type of
class (i.e. Stock vs. SP vs. Mod, etc.) going to FMod is probably not
crazy. There are plenty of folks around, including David Frye in
Winston-Salem, who can provide the basic set up info. As far as I could
tell when I ran against FMods, the 440/500's "never" wear out tires:-)

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford