RE: F mod..... I can't believe I am even asking

To: "TEAM.NET" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: F mod..... I can't believe I am even asking
From: "Paul Zahornasky" <p.zahornasky@att.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:25:57 -0500
Mark Sirota wrote:

>Standing around in a cold rain certainly isn't fun.  But *driving*
>in the rain is definitely fun!  You certainly do get wetter in an
>open-wheel car, no question about it.  But I think the driving
>experience is also considerably more fun than in any other type of
>car.

Mark should have mentioned that rain tires are a definite need in the rain.

My first 3 or 4 times in a Van Diemen in the rain were on slicks and it
definitely sucked.  No turn in, no braking, spin at the thought of adding
power.

But...

Add a set of rain tires, and the handling improves dramatically.  A little
nervous at times, but definitely close to the way the car would handle in
the dry in terms of balance.

Paul Zahornasky