Re: Tips on running an event

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tips on running an event
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 22:04:04 -0600
Jon Byrne wrote:

> I learned earlier this week that my brother volunteered us to stage the
> first event of our region's 2001 season.  Seeing as how neither of us has
> done that before, any tips the more experienced have to give, I'd be more
> than happy to accept.  Particularly in terms of course layout.

Enlist responsible and experienced help to cover key jobs like organizing
grid and handling worker assignments throughout the day.  If you try to do
it all yourself, you'll be frazzled by the end of the day.

And, once again, I'm amazed that no one brought this one up yet:

There is an excellent course design booklet written by some of the best
course designers in the country that you can download at:
http://www.ghg.net/cmjfsl/index.html

Most important things for a new event chairman:  If you're not sure, ask!
Don't wait until the last minute to start asking questions. (obviously, you
aren't)

--
Loren Williams | Loren@kscable.com
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca