Re: Tips on running an event

To: Jon Byrne <rael@intelos.net>
Subject: Re: Tips on running an event
From: John Galligan <galligan@gulftel.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 18:18:18 -0600
1.  Don't tell anyone that you are an attorney.
2.  Make the course fun, slightly technical, fun, challenging, fun, not
confusing, and; oh yeah, FUN.
3. Lay out the course on paper as soon as possible and get some input
from people with experience. Try to get the opinion of a safety steward.
4.  Just as in business, delegate, delegate, delegate.  That way when
things go wrong you can blame other people, and take the credit if all
goes right.
5. Listen to everyone, then do what you feel is best.
6. Set deadlines for registration, tech, and drivers meeting, and start,
and stick to them.
7. Delegate someone to take care of newbies, very important.
8. Try to set up the course the day before.
9. Get there early'

Hope this helps some.
John

--