Re: Stock classing idea

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock classing idea
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:42:48 -0500
>This way, we'll have 8 cars that are "Best" car according to the
>formula.  Right now, we have 8 cars that are the "best" car according
>to the SEB.  I don't see that big a difference between the two.

Instead of a best car for each class, we should strive to have as many cars
as possible competitive in each class.  A-stock is probably the best current
example of that with the MR2T, 968, 944S2, S2000, Boxster, Z3 coupe, and M3
all pretty competitive in the class.  GS is getting to be pretty diverse
too, with the TypeR, BMW 325, Eclipse/Talon, A4, Corrado, Prelude, and
Camarobird V6 all doing pretty well.  The E30 M3 should be a good fit there
too.  I'm a bit concerned about the new BMW 330Ci, though.  225hp, 214
lb-ft, 17x7.5f/17x8.5r wheels.  However, it has no LSD option and the
gearing is pretty tall, so we'll have to see.

Brad Burns