Re: What Kansas Region gets out of Nationals (Was Nationals in

To: MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com, AutoX200@aol.com
Subject: Re: What Kansas Region gets out of Nationals (Was Nationals in
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:21:40 EST
In a message dated 11/10/00 3:00:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com writes:

<< I've been out at the Kansas Speedway a couple of time in the past month.
While
 it is a great facility, almost all of the parking is on grass - there are no
 plans to pave it.   >>

Whats gonna happen when it rains??? This is the midwest!!!  Can you imagine
what will happen when a 100,000 people show up for a Nascar weekend on
Saturday
and its been raining here for three days straight????  Can you imagine the
mess
trying to park on grass/mud???? That will last about one race weekend, after
that
you will see some serious pavement layed down.

Can you imagine the commentary on "This Week in Nascar" after such an event?
Ned Jared saying "The new Kansas Speedway is wonderful, but look at all the
fans cars stuck in that sea of mud". I would bet that the speedway will have
paved lots after the first year. Whether SCCA in KC gets to use them is
another story??????

Mike B. 99cm TLS#1