STS National Class....

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: STS National Class....
From: "Pylon.CC" <pylon@pylon.cc>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:27:55 -0600
here are some notes from the Mid Div convention yesterday, I did not attend,
but received these from someone who did... notice the STS comment towards
the bottom.

"Howard Duncan of the National office reported some things
that look like they are going to happen in our sport for the future. Most of
what he reported is done but, please note that until these items are
OFFICIAL
don't make changes. All of them will be finalized soon and published for us.
The helmet rule is changing.  As of next season the oldest Snell rating that
will be accepted will be a Snell 95. Looks like we will the club will be
buying helmets and the club will have to retire the loaner helmet stock we
currently have. Rulebooks will be in book form and will include a CD ROM
version The Peru event that is held close to the 4th of July (4th of July is
a Wednesday in2001) will be held the weekend prior to the holiday.  Meridian
will host their event on Feb. 24 and 25, 2001.  Thats a early start for
those of us who can't wait to get going again for the run around the cones.
The proposed stock class changes are not going to be adopted for 2001.
there will be the normal, as Howard calls them, surgical modifications, but
the total re-classing will probably be for the 2002 season. STS is now a
full
NationalClass. STR and STM are still pending for Nationals.  Of course we
run
these at our local events.  New waivers are being introduced that is forall.
No more of the minor waivers(YES!).  "

-CJ Pylon.CC