Re: What Racing Tire to Put on 13 x 8 Keizers

To: mikelowe@pop.pointecom.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What Racing Tire to Put on 13 x 8 Keizers
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:09:35 EST
In a message dated 11/19/00 6:10:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mikelowe@pop.pointecom.net writes:

> <<  The 215-50-13 size R1 could work for me.  I have about 5 years
> experience with R1s.  They helped me with my camber-impaired Miatas.
> I could reacquaint myself with their care and feeding without totally
> killing a set.  >>

My experience with the 215/50-13s was very good.  I'd be very tempted to
hoard some if it was me!

<<  > If I don't get the R1s, I guess my only other option is
> Hoosiers.  I have zero experience with them.  I read a few websites
> and the radials seem to need high pressures.  They also want high
> negative camber.  How much on a Miata?  >>

OTOH, I had very good experience with Hoosiers in '99, but don't have any
back to back data between them and R-1's.  The camber issue is much more of a
problem on strut type cars.  The Stock Miatae get 1.3-1.4 degees in front,
and work well, so your additional camber should work fine given your
suspension design.

I have no experience with the TDs, but other than having a slower response
time (you have to "lead them" a little...) I'd think they would work.

Charlie Davis