Shopping for a new home region (was Re: Solo2 Subsidizes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Shopping for a new home region (was Re: Solo2 Subsidizes
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:22:57
"Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net> wrote:

>Not necessarily. The Region of record receives whatever
>it declares its Regional dues to be. If the Region dues
>are $15, it gets $15.
>
>If your Region charges $10 and mine charges $15, then you
>will pay a total of $55 and I will pay a total of $60
>(for a single regular membership).

If you "shop" wisely, you can save your regional
dues money completely.  I know of at least one
region that gives away free regional memberships
to anyone holding a specialty license and who
declares that region to be their primary region
of record, and they count a Solo safety steward
license.  Another neighboring region has a "tow
fund" to defray costs of any members going to
Nationals.  It also bears mentioning that some
people carry dual memberships, being members of
two or more regions.

I'm just mentioning this because my membership
expires in March, and my present home region
hasn't been run to my liking for over a year now.
(The Solo chairs are doing an awesome job, though.)
I will likely be shopping for a new region of
record in the next month or so out of principle,
and have been doing my research.....

-Arthur ("Accepting bids from potential home regions" edition.)