Re: Solo2 Subsidizes Roadracing?

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solo2 Subsidizes Roadracing?
From: "Elder, Ralph" <relder@DBSR.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:04:39 -0800
<and Katie wanted me to pass this on, too..>

The answer to Mosso's question, at least in SFR,  is that when I was on the
region BoD  it went to the region's general budget.    I always viewed it as
essentially covering the cost of The Wheel, filing the tax return, and a few
administrative thises and that's from the region office.  But  not much
more.    If the racers control regional admin and the auto'ers are
self-sufficient, then it effectively goes to the racers.  For lots of
regions that primarily autox and don't have a race program it is a moot
issue.   Another view is that we autox'ers pay it and try not to get huffy
about it and then when the racers bug us, tell 'em to bug off because
they've got all the $$ they're getting from us -- especially when we perform
nearly all of our administrative functions ourselves for far less cost.
Compared to the marginal cost of the services we receive I am certain we
overpay.  But as long as they leave us alone ...
and some of them are us and vice versa.  If you really think the burden is
too great,  form a new region --- take the $$ and run.

katie_elder@rmiinc.com
Ex-SFR Boardmember
97 Acura Integra type R - GSL

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any accompanying document(s)
are confidential and privileged.  They are intended for the sole use of the
addressee.  If you receive this transmission in error, you are advised that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance upon
the communication is strictly prohibited.  Moreover, any such inadvertent
disclosure shall not compromise or waive the attorney-client privilege as to
this communication or otherwise.  If you have received this communication in
error, please contact our IS Department at its Internet address (is@dbsr.com),
or by telephone at (916)441-0131. Thank you.