Re: Shopping for a new home region (was Re: Solo2

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shopping for a new home region (was Re: Solo2
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:37:07 -0600
Arthur Emerson wrote:

> I'm just mentioning this because my membership
> expires in March, and my present home region
> hasn't been run to my liking for over a year now.
> (The Solo chairs are doing an awesome job, though.)
> I will likely be shopping for a new region of
> record in the next month or so out of principle,
> and have been doing my research.....

I can almost see the point of "shopping" for cheaper dues. (but seriously,
what are you gonna save?  5, maybe 10 bucks?)  I don't see the point of
changing your region of record "in protest" of the way your region is run.
Can you explain what you hope to accomplish by doing this?  Is your absence
going to have some effect on the way the region that you primarily compete
in ("region of record" be damned) is run?  My suggestion would be to either
personally talk to one or two of your regional board members (some of them
are very likely Soloists) or attend a board meeting and make your concerns
known.

I don't like the way Kansas is run, I'm going to claim residence in
Florida. (hehehe)

--
Loren Williams | Loren@kscable.com
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca