Re: tires, load, size

To: WARP9Z28@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires, load, size
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:05:33 -0600
are the *ultimate* safe capacity. and as such, there must be margin
between this number and the gross weight rating of any passenger car,
since that is a static measurement.. so how does someone determine the
margins required other than "if it fits under the fender"?

what I'm trying to arrive at is the lowest profile tire that will
adequately support the car for the same tire width. as we all know, the
lower the profile, the less air capacity the tire will have and less load
capacity as well.

Dave Yeung
Houston Region
(I know about space shuttle tires)