Re: re What Racing Tire to Put on 13 x 8 Keizers

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: re What Racing Tire to Put on 13 x 8 Keizers
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@trimofran.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:14:47 -0600
>> "David Hedderick" <davebs14@yahoo.com> 11/27/00 12:47PM >>>
IMHO I really disliked the AO-32R greatly. <<

I co-drove a CRX this summer with these tires.  I found them to be even harder
than my burned up BFG R1's.  Now I'm on a set of Hoosier Street TD's
(225/45/13).  Even though they are not the autocross compound there is no
comparison.  The grip is amazing.  Turn-in with the bias ply tires is pretty
weird though, maybe even nonexistent.  But I don't care.  I *love* my Hoosiers.
 BTW, the bias ply's also appear to be pretty camber friendly.  I've only got
about 1.3 degrees negative camber all the way around and the wear is very even.
 For me, the truly pleasant surprise was after I (finally) found the limits of
the tires.  They were easier to control beyond their limits instead of just
letting go and sending me for a spin like the BFG's did.

-brad