RE: What I Got For My 13 x 8 Wheels - Tire Pressures

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What I Got For My 13 x 8 Wheels - Tire Pressures
From: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:53:28 -0500
Gee, I was gonna say that those pressures sound really low. . .  <g>

I run 59 front and 53 rear in the Hoosiers on my BMW M Roadster.  The front
tires roll over at 57.  Hoosier Tom was amazed when I told him this, but
when I told him what car I drive, he said that it sounded right.  I have
recently spoken to several other folks who run high (mid to upper fifties)
pressure as well.

One very fast CP guy said to ignore rollover, his tires roll to the tops of
the H's (Hoosiers, but not autocross tires - slicks?).  My feeling is that
you should run at least mid forties on the high pressure set (front?), and
adjust this to remove rollover.

Chris Eckles
White M Roadster
Atlanta

Those tire pressures sound really high. On my CSP RX7(~2300 lbs.) I run the
225/45/13 Hoosier Autocross Radials on 13x9 Keizers. I run 27 lbs in front
and 25 lbs in rear. Of course your numbers are going to be different but
not
20 lbs different. I would start with 30 lbs all around and check for
sidewall rollover, etc. BTW the 225/45/13 is approximately 1 inch shorter
than the 225/50/13.

    Jay
 '79 RX7 CSP