Re: [Fwd: Importing a (competition) car to the US]

To: "Reijo Silvennoinen" <rase@telusplanet.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Importing a (competition) car to the US]
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 19:55:25 -0500
I was looking at importing an old truck from Canada last year, and turned up
the following sources:

U.S. Customs Service:
http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/imp-exp2/informal/car.htm -- see the section
on importing cars for "other purposes;" this implies it may be easier to
import it if it's *less* streetable, rather than more!

U.S. Department of Transportation:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/ -- see the section on temporary
importation; there's a paragraph refering to racing cars and a phone contact
for more information.

Jamie (ended up getting a different truck, but hung on to the references)
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr