NOT In Defense of anyone in particular

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: NOT In Defense of anyone in particular
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:39:09 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>

> I know some others were not comfortable with Jean's post last year. That
is
> why many people headed to an alternative site for autocross discussions.
The
> work around is to have others post Evo event info. :^)

I didn't get involved in last year's mud-slinging, and I'm hesitant to get
into this one, but it seems to me that many people are forgetting something:
we don't own this list.  Mark Bradakis owns team.net -- he established the
policies for use, and frankly, unless he designates others to enforce them,
the job falls to him, not us.  I realize that Mark runs this as an
unmoderated list -- which, IMO, is not license for any of us to appoint
ourselves in his place.

My suggestion, not directed at anyone in particular:  if you don't think
something seen here is appropriate, bring it to Mark's attention off the
list and let him decide what action to take.  If he choses to do nothing,
follow his lead -- it is, after all, his list.  IMO, vigilantes will only
succeed in further marginalizing this forum, and that's a poor reward for
Mark's work in establishing and maintaining what was, until recently, was
the strongest community of autocrossers across the U.S.

Jamie Sculerati
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr