Re: Oklahoma AX

To: autox@autox.team.net, quad4fiero@webzone.net
Subject: Re: Oklahoma AX
From: "Brad Holliday" <bradholliday@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:32:35
>I see that NeOkla was FINALLY able to put a schedule >together, now all
>that remains is to update the webpage. >You might tell the list where the
>site is until that >happens, and describe that site to them.

2001 NEOkla SCCA Solo II Schedule

April 1 Regional Solo II, Pogue Field
May 5 Regional Solo II School, Pogue Field
May 6 Regional Solo II, Pogue Field
June 3 Regional Solo II, Pogue Field
July 8 Regional Solo II, Pogue Field
July 28 Regional Solo II, Pogue Field (two-day event)
July 29 Regional Solo II, Pogue Field (two-day event)
August 26 Regional Solo II, Pogue Field
October 7 Cherokee Strip Challenge, Perry OK (non-points event)
October 21 Regional Solo II, Pogue Field
November 11 Regional Solo II, Pogue Field

Pogue Field is an airport in Sand Springs, OK just west of Tulsa on Hwy 412.
  It is a small asphalt site, but the surface is very flat and smooth with
decent grip and no obstructions.  Average course length is about 30-35
seconds in AS/SS.

>You are absolutely right on the mark, however, when you >address the
>Wichita, Kansas City, Salina, and Topeka >autocross programs.

I was also thinking about Family Arena in St. Louis.  They have a Midwest
Divisional coming up in May, and have an excellent site.

>"No autocross car - no ADAQUATE site for Prepared or Mod >Cars in Oklahoma"

If you need a large site to run a Prepared or Mod car, then your statement
is true.  However, I don't see any other reason why you wouldn't run Mod and
Prepared cars on the current Oklahoma sites.

Brad Holliday