Re: Remembering Bob Wollek

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Remembering Bob Wollek
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:55:37 -0500
Charlie Davis wrote:

<snip>

> laughing all over again.  Several hours later I was much relieved to see
him
> get out of a totaled Porsche after rolling it at speed going up the hill
> after the start/finish line after a right rear tire let go.

I saw that incident firsthand from the esses at Sears Point. He hit the T1
wall so hard one of the wheel assemblies (probably the right rear) went
straight into the air what seemed like 100 feet. What was left of the 962
fit under a blue tarpaulin, but the car held up and Bob apparently walked
away from it.

Paul Foster