Re: Remembering Bob Wollek

To: pfoster@tampabay.rr.com, Smokerbros@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Remembering Bob Wollek
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:12:38 EST
In a message dated 3/20/01 6:55:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
pfoster@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> I saw that incident firsthand from the esses at Sears Point. He hit the T1
> wall so hard one of the wheel assemblies (probably the right rear) went
> straight into the air what seemed like 100 feet. What was left of the 962
> fit under a blue tarpaulin, but the car held up and Bob apparently walked
> away from it.

I was with Bob Quinn (our BFG rep), Bob Frogner and Michelle, in the main
grandstands.  I was the only one of our group that had continued watching
Wollek as he went up the hill.  I said some sort of expletive that made them
all look, and they caught the end of it.  The car ended up on its side and
Wollek climbed out of the door.  I was very glad to see him get out on his
own...

Charlie