Re: Street/AutoX Tire in 205/45/16

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Street/AutoX Tire in 205/45/16
From: mikelowe@pop.pointecom.net
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:05:36 +0000
> From:          Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>

> For some odd reason, the selection of excellent street/autoX tires in
> 205/45/16 has dwindled down to nothing.

     Have you considered the Toyo T1-S?  Tire Rack doesn't sell them
for some reason.  It's their loss.  Miata drivers like them.  See
http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_lines/high_perf/t1s.html .  I have
some 215-45-15s on my turbo Miata.  They take ~215 RWHP well.  I also
do some street tire autocrossing with that car.  I'm considering
getting some 225-40-16s if I can find some light 7.5" wide wheels.  I
don't know if I can put 8" wide wheels in the front with a lowered
Miata.  I'm still doing that research.

Hope this helps.

Mike Lowe    mikelowe@pointecom.net    http://www.pointecom.net/~mikelowe
'96 Miata R (Go go gerbil power!)