Re: harness bar legality in stock?

To: Snapspinnr@aol.com
Subject: Re: harness bar legality in stock?
From: "matthew c. mead" <mmead-autox@goof.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:59:07 -0500
On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 09:51:48PM -0500, Snapspinnr@aol.com wrote:
> Harness bars are specifically allowed in stock. There is a line in the stock
> rules about them. And this year the SCCA did change the wording of the rule
> so that "telescoping" harness bars are not required.

It seems that since the word telescoping no longer exists in the
rules, and there is no triangulation involved in the design of this
harness bar (just downrods on either side to keep it from changing
height) which might add structural rigidity, it's legal.  I may
have to call the headquarters for an interpretation, though.

-matt

--
matthew c. mead

mmead (at at at) goof (dot dot dot) com (you know what to do to email me)
http://www.goof.com/~mmead/