RE: Type R the lightest??

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Type R the lightest??
From: "Stern, Ken" <KStern@Envera.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:36:34 -0500
For the Celica GT-S, you can order one without the ABS, Sunroof,
wing, side airbags, leather, and with the base 15" alloys.
However, the vehicle may take 2-4 months to arrive on
special order.

Unfortunately, headroom is lacking unless I open my sunroof,
so a Celica without the sunroof might be a bad idea for some.
I read that the GT-S weighs about 2500 lbs. But I have not
put my model on a scale yet.

The GT-S will be some good competition for the Type-R this year.

-Ken
2001 Celica GT-S. No ABS or side-airbags or leather.