Concensus ( was RE: Stock Rule Question: Struts )

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Concensus ( was RE: Stock Rule Question: Struts )
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:35:04 -0400 (EDT)
   The concensus of respondents seems to be that the diameter and location
of the bolt holes in the bracket are "dimensional characteristics" of the
strut, as I feared.  Basically, it is the same deal as with the slotted
Neon struts.  ( I know, a letter is the only way to get a real answer.  I
don't have time for that, I have to put the suspension on my wife's car
back together. )

   In other words, I either have to fix or replace the struts to be
legal, although I'm plenty slow enough to get away with it for a few
decades ;)

   The good news is that I have a line on a pair of OEM struts already.

   Thanks for the help.

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 hillman@planet-torque.com