MR2 Spyder, specifically 6.6" wheels

To: Autocross list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: MR2 Spyder, specifically 6.6" wheels
From: Travis Lane <tlane@boom.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 18:24:52 -0700
I recently test drove a Miata and MR2 and found them to be quite different,
but decided the MR2 would be better suited to myself as a street car.  I felt
that the biggest problem was lack of LSD, but I think extreme smoothness will
lessen the disadvantage.  Can anyone provide insight into the viability of the
MR2 in CS - Class 4 next year?

Also, the MR2 comes with 15x6.6 (yep, that's six-point-six) inch wide wheels
in the back and I'd like to find legal, lighter aftermarket wheels, but the
6.6 may make that difficult.  This is the closest related ruling I see:

13.4 Wheels
Vehicles equipped with rims having metric specifications may use alternate
rims as determined by using the following procedure.

Width: converting the metric measurement to inches and using the nearest
smaller 1/2-inch width rim. Offset and track must still comply with the
requirements of this section.

Can anyone tell me if, say, 6.5" would be legal, or shall I start my letter
to HQ?

T  L a n e