Re: MR2 Spyder, specifically 6.6" wheels

To: Jan Schmidt <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Subject: Re: MR2 Spyder, specifically 6.6" wheels
From: "matthew c. mead" <mmead-autox@goof.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 09:43:47 -0400
On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 08:51:10PM -0500, Jan Schmidt wrote:
> 6.5" is perfectly legal , as they are narrower than the stock width. However,
>let talk the important stuff: the Mr2 spyder is certainly a B stock car with
>the 1.8 Miata, or do I get screwed again with my 2600 lb. RX7 with 135 hp and
>133 torque?]
> Bill Schmidt (nothing like taking a knife to a gun fight)

This implies that in stock classes you can simply put narrower
wheels on a car and it remains stock.  The way I read the rules,
you must have identically sized wheels, with track increased by
no more than 1/4" per wheel.  Anything other than that, and
you're pushed into SP.  There's the obvious exception for the
Mini, but I don't see anything about this.  Can you elaborate?

-matt

--
matthew c. mead

mmead (at at at) goof (dot dot dot) com (you know what to do to email me)
http://www.goof.com/~mmead/