TT Roadster tire pressure?

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: TT Roadster tire pressure?
From: "Jarrod Igou" <jigou@raquet.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:50:15 -0500
I've got a friend bringing his TT Roadster (225 hp Quattro) out to an
autocross this weekend.

He'll be on the stock 225/45/17 Bridgestones. We'll be on pretty decent
concrete (Waterloo Greyhound Park for those in/around Iowa...).

Anyone have any suggestions for starting tire pressures on this machine? The
factory specs 33f/36r for everyday use....my guess is to start about 10 lbs
higher and go from there, but if anyone has actually played with this a bit,
it would be great to have some input.

Thanks!

Jarrod Igou
Des Moines Valley Region