Re: Senior Division

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Subject: Re: Senior Division
From: JD_Kemp@URSCorp.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:15:22 -0400
Rocket J writes:
"Car born 1964
Driver born 1941
Index 97 / 2 = 48.5
Is that seconds off my time?"

Rocky --
Write good, Math bad!!!  It works this way, Bro:  Take your age and add it
to the cars age.  Divide your raw time by that number, then multiply by 100
to get rid of those pesky decimals.  Let me make up a X-Zample for ya...

Suppose you and I run identical 60 second times.  You add your age, 60
years (D*mn, are you that old?) and your Spit-Fahr's age, 37 years, to get
97 for your Index.  Divide your 60 second raw time by 97 and you get 0.618.
Multiply by 100 for an Index of Senility time of 61.8 seconds

I'd add my age (46) and Lucretia's age (30) to get my I of S at 76.  Divide
my 60 second time by that and I get 0.789, then multipy by 100 and get 78.9
seconds.  You have beaten me, Rocky-San.

But wait, there's more!  HERE is the best part...  Suppose some young,
thin, stylin' (baggy pants, ear ring and a tattoo) KID of 26 shows up in a
new Honda S2000.  His Index would then be 27.  So, when he runs a screamin'
38 second elapsed time to our 60-second runs, we divide his time by 27 and
get 1.37, multiply by 100 for a 137 second Index time and WE KICKED HIS
BUTT!!!!

Peace, Love, and Pushrods,
JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB