Re: Miata help...

To: Chris Eckles <MRoadster@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Miata help...
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:09:47 -0700
On Tuesday, July 10, 2001, at 05:24 AM, Chris Eckles wrote:
> My Miata did something similar - though I admit not as badly.  I had
> decided to wash the engine, and scrubbed it down pretty good.  Ran very
> badly for a day or two, then I found that one or two of the spark plug
> holes were filled with water.

I think what happened is thath a small amount of moisture got in one or
more of the spark plug holes. Doesn't take much to short out things.
Once the car warms up the moisture evaporates and all is ok but it
re-condenses when it cools again and the problem returns. I've had this
happen several times with the various Miatas I've owned.

> My plug wires lasted almost exactly 25,000 miles per set.  Then I would
> get
> rough idling.  A common problem with Miatas.

With the OEM set, yes. I got over 100,000 miles out of the Racing Beat
wires I replaced them with. I now have a set of Magnacor wires which
look like they are even better constructed than the Racing Beat ones.

- Alan Dahl