Re: Saturn set up questions

To: Matthew Carson <mcars@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: Saturn set up questions
From: Pete Holsberg <pjh@mccc.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:44:44 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Matthew Carson wrote:

> I have a friend with a '96 Saturn SL2 running 205/50R15
> Kumhos.  He has recently started running the R-tires, and
> is getting some conflicting info on alignment settings
> and tire wear.  He is concerned about both street and
> autocross tire wear, and would like settings to maximize
> autocross tire life while preserving street tire life.

I have a 93 SC2 with Kumhos. My alignment is zero toe,
front and rear, and max negative camber front. I have run a
little toe-out at the front.

> The alignment shop told him that any changes to the stock
> settings would result in horrible street wear

That's not my experience.

> So my questions are:
> o How many runs should you get from Kumhos on Saturns?

Depends on how hard he runs and how hot, I think.

> o What are good alignment settings for Saturns?

See above.

> o What tire pressures are appropriate?

I run about 33 rear and 39-40 front, but I don't win PAX,
either. :-)

> o When should the tires be flipped inside out?

Should be obvious.

> o Any other set up info for Saturns will be appreciated.

???

Pete