RE: Military autox sites

To: "'Duncan Family'" <gduncan2@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Military autox sites
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:39:41 -0500
The nebraska region lost our local air base and talked our way back on.

We've started to do a couple things to build good will. First we pay
'rent' to the non-profit social club on the base and leave a check in
their hand before we've left the base. Second we get a count of the
military personel watching and running, typically 15% of the total, and
report it to our contact for site rental. Third we encourage those folks
to call the "commander's hotline" and express their support.

Finally we make sure the base newpaper knows were coming and they
usually get pics of base personel in the paper. This last part takes one
dedicated volunteer.