A few pics from Wendover

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: A few pics from Wendover
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:56:55 -0700
Here is some pics I snapped off of the MR2s, Jeff Altenburg running the
Ferarri Modena, Chris McKinney vs Karl Coleman in the Bonus Challenge, the
awards ceremony. Each about 325k.

http://www.chases.org/cars/autox/wendover/

Interesting notes:

Jeff showed up on Saunday and was given a ride in the Ferarri. Without
having walked the course (which had some confusing elements), he ripped off
some great runs including a 36 second run that was near the class winning
time.

Karl Coleman in the white C-stock MR2 was the driver who had some good
fortune smile on him during the Bonus Challenge. The awards ceremony was
very entertaining.

One pic I wish I would have got was when Stan Whitney went to get his trophy
and hugged Paula, she had been holding back on using up the champagne. There
was a delayed reaction from Stan as she poured half a bottle on his back.

One of the pics show Brian Priebe getting a full bucket of ice water dumped
on him as Karl distracted him with a frontal assault. This may have been the
wettest awards podium I have seen. :)

Great event, fun course, good Saturday night dinner. Kudos to Utah region
and the staff!

Randy Chase